Todd Stadium Criterium – Sunday July 30th
12465 Warwick Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23606
The VA Cycling Beginning Racer Program presented by Peaks Coaching Group in conjunction with the VCA is a USAC*sanctioned series consists of 5 unique on-the-bike clinics, designed to be enjoyable, inspirational and educational for beginning and intermediate racers, and provide attendees the skills necessary to have safer and more enjoyable racing experiences.
Note: Race Day Clinics will only include a portion of the entire VA BRG program. In this instance, the following topics will be covered.
- Field Drills (Bumping & Touching Wheels)
- Cornering (Turning (Slow Speed) & Counter-Steering (focusing on form))
- Pack Skills (Pace Line & Working Together)
- VA BRG Sign In 8:00-9:45am (Look for a Peaks Coaching Group Tent or a Plain Tent with a PCG Banner)
- VA BRG On-Bike Drills/Debriefing/Lunch/Classroom Instruction begins at 10:00am
- Field Drills
- Pack Awareness
- Todd Stadium Criterium Cat 4/5 Circuit Races
- Women’s Cat 4/5 2:50pm (30 minutes)
- Men’s Cat 4/5 3:35pm (30 minutes)
- VA BRG Classroom Instruction/On-Bike Drills/Debriefing 4:15pm
- VA BRG Practice/Training race 5:30pm
- Post-race Debriefing (following Practice/Training Race)
- $ 26.00
- USAC https://www.usacycling.org/register/2017-2223
Cat 5s will receive 3 mass starts if they complete all three elements (shown below) of the clinic and finish the Todd Stadium Criterium. Cat 4s will receive 2 upgrade points for the same.
- Classroom Instruction
- On-Bike Drills
- Practice Race
*You must hold a current USAC license to participate or you can purchase a one-day license. USAC Registration/Waiver and Photo Waiver required. Participants must be at least 12 years old. You need not participate in the Todd Stadium Criterium to participate in the VA BRG clinic.
Contact Sherman Cravens: Sherman@PeaksCoachingGroup.com for more details