July 9, 2017 – Bryan Park Circuit Race, Richmond, VA
For more info on the race Click Here
To Register for this Beginning Racer Program Click Here
Print the flyer: Bryan Park BRP Flier 2017-05-18
VA Beginning Racer Program at the Bryan Park Circuit Race
Bryan Park Circuit Race – Sunday July 9th
4308 Hermitage Rd.
Richmond, VA 23227
The VA Cycling Beginning Racer Program presented by Peaks Coaching Group in conjunction with the VCA is a USAC*sanctioned series consists of 5 unique on-the-bike clinics, designed to be enjoyable, inspirational and educational for beginning and intermediate racers, and provide attendees the skills necessary to have safer and more enjoyable racing experiences.
Note: Race Day Clinics will only include a portion of the entire VA BRG program. In this instance, the following topics will be covered.
- Field Drills (Bumping & Touching Wheels)
- Cornering (Turning (Slow Speed) & Counter-Steering (focusing on form))
- Pack Skills (Pace Line & Working Together)
- VA BRG Sign In 7:00-7:45 AM (Look for a tent and the Peaks Coaching Group Banner)
- Bryan Park Circuit Race Sign in 8:00 AM
- VA BRG (Morning) On-Bike Drills/Debriefing/Lunch/Classroom Instruction 8:30 AM
- Field Drills
- Bryan Park Cat 4/5 Circuit Races
- Women’s Cat 4 11:31 AM
- Men’s Cat 4/5 12:45 PM
- VA BRG (Afternoon) Classroom Instruction/On-Bike Drills/Debriefing 1:45 PM
- VA BRG Practice/Training race 3:05 PM
- Post-race Debriefing (following Practice/Training Race)
- $ 26.00
- Bike Reg https://www.bikereg.com/35286
Cat 5s will receive 3 mass starts if they complete all three elements (shown below) of the clinic and finish the Bryan Park race. Cat 4s will receive 2 upgrade points for the same.
- Classroom Instruction
- On-Bike Drills
- Practice Race
*You must hold a current USAC license to participate or you can purchase a one-day license.
USAC Registration/Waiver and Photo Waiver required.
Participants must be at least 12 years old. You need not participate in the Bryan Park Race to participate in the VA BRG clinic.