Want to Learn to Race?
Attend Peaks Coaching Group’s Beginning Racer Race Day Clinic – USO Warrior Week Criterium
Use General Booth Boulevard Entrance
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
The VA Cycling Beginning Racer Program (BRP) presented by Peaks Coaching Group in conjunction with the VCA is a USAC* sanctioned series consists of 5 unique on-the-bike clinics, designed to be enjoyable, inspirational and educational for beginning and intermediate racers, and provide attendees the skills necessary to have safer and more enjoyable racing experiences.
Note: Race Day Clinics will only include a portion of the entire VA BRP program. In this instance, the following topics will be covered.
- Field (Grass) Drills (hand on shoulder, body contact & touching wheels)
- Steering & Bike Handling (turning in confined areas & negotiating obstacles)
- Cornering & Counter-Steering (higher speed) (looking through the corner & weight distribution/position on the bike)
- Pack Skills (pace line & working together)
- VA BRP Sign In 9:00-10:30 am (Look for a Peaks Coaching Group tent (High Viz Green) or a tent with a PCG Banner). All BRP participants must complete a USAC Registration/Waiver form.
- VA BRP Classroom Instruction/On-Bike Drills/Debriefing/Lunch begins at 11:00am
- USO Warrior Week Criterium Cat 4/5
- Women’s Cat 4/5 Race 3:40 – 4:10 pm (30 minutes)
- Men’s Cat 4/5 Race 4:20 – 4:50 pm (30 minutes)
- VA BRP Classroom Instruction/On-Bike Drills/Debriefing 5:00 pm
- VA BRP Practice/Training race 6:10 pm
- Post-race Debriefing (following Practice/Training Race)
- $ 26.00
- Bike Reg http://bikereg.com/usowarriorweekcrit
*You must hold a current USAC license to participate or you can purchase a one-day license. USAC Non-Competitive Event Registration/Waiver and Photo Waiver required. Participants must be at least 12 years old. You need not participate in the USO Warrior Week Criterium to participate in the VA BRP clinic.
Contact Sherman Cravens: Sherman@PeaksCoachingGroup.com for more details.
CLICK HERE to print the flyer